5. HOME ALONE 2. It would be christmas without this on the T.V. Everyones got their favourite and mine has to be home alone 2. I'm not sure if its the charming characters or New York at Christmas but something about this film is very magical and festive and I like it!
4. LITTLE WOMEN. This film brings back so many childhood memories; I'm the baby of four girls so mum would always say we were her little women. I absolutely love this film and it always makes me cry.
3. THE HOLIDAY. This fun Christmas rom-com always gets me into the festive mood. The actors are brilliant and the story is so lovely - my favourite is Mr Napkin face.
2. ELF. This is my husband's favourite, it was a close call to be honest. Elf is a very funny film and Will Ferrell is excellent as an over-grown elf. I also love his Christmas decorating skills in this film - inspires me ever time!
1. NATIVITY. This had to be my number one Christmas film. It's got it all, romance, kids, animals, songs, Americans, awkward moments, laugh out loud moments, tear jerking moments and, best of all, the true message of Christmas.
Every year I love getting ready for Christmas. There’s always so much you can do, buy or make, it’s actually hard sometimes not to get too overwhelmed with it all. There are a few things I like to do that always get me into the festive spirit. Making mulled wine or cider for me is must, the smell of the mixed spices bring back so many childhood memories. I always like to have a glass whilst watching a classic Christmas film and wrapping presents. You can’t beat it. Whether you make your own Christmas decorations or buy them in, this year there has been so much inspiration out there I can imagine every home creating their own Christmas grotto. Fairy lights can do wonders and I am a particular fan of hanging 3d stars and making paper snowflakes for the windows This is such a great creative activity to do with the kids one afternoon or the girlies over a glass of mulled wine. With money sometimes tight around the winter months, I always like to look outside the box for inspiration for my finding those perfect Christmas gifts. I’m a firm believer that its not always just the buying or making of the present but more the thought that’s behind it – for me that’s what make a really great gift. Something that shows you care or you’ve listened, finding those gifts is what makes Christmas shopping worth while, finding that one unique gift that says it all. From hunting for that retro game in the charity shop or searching for the perfect homemade playlist, to seeing the ultimate quirky office gadget, to that personal handmade masterpiece. There’s such a lovely feeling you get when you give, when you think about that other persons needs or wants. So this season try not to get too overwhelmed with all that Christmas shopping. Take a deep breath, have a cuppa, make a list and enjoy the gift of giving. x
Last weekend I went to Bath to celebrate my birthday, catch with old friends, take pictures and generally explore and be inspired. Bath is such a beautiful city. Full of stunning buildings and so many amazing things to see and eat. While we were there, we had fun exploring a pop up vintage market, complete with vintage inspired make booth and dance floor. I had some great chats with some of the stall holders as I was admiring there creations. One in particular was refoundreloved, they had some gorgeous things and were such a pleasure to meet. I also found an amazing shop while out and about. I know there are loads of great shops in Bath especially the quirky ones but I really loved the bloomsburystore. They had SO much stuff that made me go Oooh! I was like a kid in a candy shop. They also have a cafe upstairs and friendly staff, so this was the icing on the cake. If your ever in Bath its such a lovely shop to check out or just check the website.
Since getting married and having my own place to call home, I've learnt it's all about the little details. The personal touches. It dosen't have to come out of a catalog or be expensive, as long as you love it thats all that matters. Well, at the end of the day it is YOUR home. These are some pictures of our first home as a married couple. We're in the middle of doing up our new house so will share some bits from there soon.